Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seth Thomas Ships Bell Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
I have this old Seth Thomas Ships Bell clock, and obviously it is missing the bell. Are replacement bells available, original or repro? Where would I look to find one?

Thanks!

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
Hi Jerry,
Timesavers lists bells from 1" to 5 3/4". You should be able to find a suitable one out of that assortment. Here is their site:
http://timesavers.com

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
I took a look at their on-line catalog and their bells look too shallow for this clock. The hammers are down near the base of the bell post, which is about 2" long.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
Check LaRose. They have bells in their Morbier parts that appear deeper. Pg 293 in Keep Book #283.

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
<Guy Smith>
posted
Jerry,

I have the exact same clock, complete with original bells and key. was wondering if you had been able to narrow down a production date for yours?