Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Sessions Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Today at a flea market, I found a Session Electric clock with Westminster chimes Model 2C, made in Forestville, Conn USA - and I decided it need a new home. It runs, but is running slow. Would anyone have any advice on cleaning/oiling electric clocks? Thanks

[This message was edited by Wayne C. Anderson on August 17, 2003 at 19:38.]

Sessions

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Wayne,
It is my belief that the mechanical parts that are driven my the motor are treated the same as in any other clock. The motor, coils and such I have not ventured into repairing, and would have no advise to give.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Tom,
A little cleaning/oiling of the mechanical parts and the Sessions Electric clock is keeping time once more, and the Westminster Chime is chiming again. Thanks

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Wayne,

Way to go!! Satisfying isn't it?? That was a nice find. I'm glad you got it up and running!!

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002