• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Riverside Maximus "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here is my latest addition. This was obtained at the Arizona Sunshine Regional. It is a 21J , model 1899 in a 14K R&f case. The serial # is 9502459, which dates it to about 1900. The inscription reads: William A Stone Jr from The First National Bank Concord NH Dec 31,1900. I believe this model has diamonds on the balance, lever and escape wheel. I had a later model that did not have the intials over the seconds bit.

posted
Movement

posted
Engraving

Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
Jerry, that sure is one fine looking piece of machinery. Smile

posted
Jerry walked up to me and showed me this watch at the Regional. I took one look and said, "how much?"

I didn't realize that he'd just bought it! Big Grin

What a gem! Wink

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Jerry that,s a nice un thanks for posting it they are one of Waltham,,s best. Smile

Picture of Jeffrey Tibbs
posted
I'm not very knowledgeable about Waltham. Any one have a total production number for the 23J Riverside Maximus?

Thanks

Jeff

Picture of Joel W. Sarich
posted
Hi Jeffrey:
I never had the pleasure of owning one of these. Congratulations.
Cheers!
Joel

posted
Is yours pendant set? Seems most of the 21j 1899's were PS. The 21j with lower production numbers have at least as much collector interest as the 23j versions. Info I have is 1400 open face and 800 hunters in 1899 21j.

There an interesting discussion from march on these on the gray nawcc board - search riverside maximus.

Here's mine #9502274, less than 200 #'s. Same dial. One of my all time favorites.