Mermod-Jaccard watches ... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Smile
Movement

Phil Dellinger Wink

Picture of R. J. Lucke
posted
Phil,

Thanks for posting another neat MJ watch. This time with the name King added. It seems they purchased private labels from many of the major manufacturers over the years.

Rhett Lucke
IHC Charter Member39
rrstd@yahoo.com

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Here is a Swiss movement (about 16-1/2 lignes)for Mermod Jaccard & Co. I am not sure who made the movement but it has some similarities to Agassiz. However, it does not seem like Agassiz to have jewel screws on the false "settings"

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
. . . and the dial

posted

This one is apparently a mismatch to the Elgin serial lists, as #375240 comes up as a 10 size grade in the lists I have seen.

Fred

p.s. Is this thread becoming too long for those on dial-up connections?

Picture of R. J. Lucke
posted
Anyone interested in keeping this thread going?

Rhett Lucke

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted
Fred and Everyone,

The whole point of the Timekeepers Photo Gallery is to establish and maintain a permanent horological image archive to the greatest extent possible. We all appreciate what you're saying but when images are linked rather than stored on-site they often disappear completely or come up as no longer available after a comparatively short time. For that reason, we then have to download each image and insert the images one-by-one into the appropriate posts.

We have determined the vast majority of our members worldwide are already on high-speed internet. Others are continually acquiring it so speed of loading is less of an issue each day. The method we have been using for all these months is simple to use and it allows everyone to view the images along with the accompanying description. It also provides the most permanent on-line horological archive available anywhere.

Suggestion, when you start a topic in the Photo Gallery there are TWO CHOICES available. One is to start a Topic and add each image one-by-one or to start a Photo Album for your personal use or one that others might contribute to. Still the very best way to display images in a way that everyone can understand how to use and view is the way most of the images appear in this topic.

The only precaution we recommend, out of courtesy to dial-up users and to avoid a "scrolling effect" is to not make the images unnecessarily large. When showing a dial or movement close-up a width of something between 480 and 560 wide is probably sufficient. A sample appears below this message.

Hope this helps,

Debbie

Smile

The image shown below is conservatively set at only 555 wide...

posted

The dial is signed "Mermod Jaccard & King Co., St. Louis" and the movement is signed "Bankers, St. Louis U.S.A." and is serial number 2681620.

This is only the second A. Lincoln with this MJ "Bankers" marking I've seen, but the other is an earlier and much different watch ... a model 5 with an all-over gold inlaid damaskeen pattern. That watch (which is pictured on page 261 of the Illinois book) belonged to Bill Meggers and I recall him offering it for sale and showing it to me about 12 to 15 years ago.

Fred

posted