• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 992 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I know we have seen a 992 before, but I think this one is a good example. The dial is a good script Hamilton Montgomery dial. The case is a Sears Extra, and is the right style for a 1913 watch. It has the tall pendant. I don't think the case is original as I see what appears to be an extra screw mark. What I like is the damascening, it is much more attractive than the later broad stripe patern.

posted
Bezel off

posted
Movement

posted
Inside of case

posted
Case back

posted
Hmmm. One screw on the winding wheel. When did Hamilton abandon the 2-screw winding wheels?

Nice watch Jerry! (Good to see you last weekend too!)

Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Jerry,
Thanks for sharing the nice 992.

Would you care to share the movement s/n? It's not clear on my ageing monitor.

Robert

posted

Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Jerry,
Thank you very much.

Your movement was one of a thousand unit lot (1088001-1089000) that went to the "Finishing Dept." in two separate groups on 1/31/1914 and 2/7/1914, and probably was completed one to three months later.

Peter,

The conversion from the "2 screw" winding wheel to "1 screw" took place somewhere in between, 1062921 and Jerry's movement, 1088081.

Keep in mind, there may have been some overlapping of the serial numbers during the transition period.

Others may have this narrowed down more closely.

Robert