Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Watch Boxes "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Sometimes the box that the watch was displayed in can be as attractive and unusual as the watch itself. Herer are two to start things off.

I thought both of these boxes were quite decorative and added to the display of the watches.

The first is a Bulova.

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
The second is for a Parker. A bit of the watch itself can be seen in the right edge of the picture above.

What unusual or attractive boxes do you have?

Tom

posted
Tom, I have my late aunt's Bulova which is in an exact box like the gold one in your first post. I know the watch is original to the box and it has the L1 date stamp on the back making it 1951.

Tom

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Hi Tom,

What a great idea and a beautiful Bulova watch box! I can't say I collect watch boxes as I only have 2, well maybe 1 l/2 Smile, (you'll see).

I was given my first watch box (so I thought) after a watch chain purchase at one of the finer jewelry stores in the area. The word "Krementz" is printed in the box. After further research, I discovered the antique box once housed an art deco cuflink/stud set.

Take a look!

Circa 1925

posted
Interesting shield shape, inside mirrored.

posted
Here's a peek at my other watch box, velvet, barrel shape, faux pearl knob. At some point housed a Lady Bulova wristwatch.

Circa 1920's-30's

posted
An inside look!

posted
And last, not in my collection yet, a very interesting and most unusual wristwatch box by the Speidel Watch Company. Thought you may enjoy viewing this one!

posted
Inside

Are there members who collect watch boxes? Let's see a show!

Stephanie O'Neil

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Stephanie!!!!!!!!

Your Speidel is EXACTLY the one I tried to bid on, on ebay, when my computer froze up on me and I lost out on it. I LOVE THAT HOLDER!

Your cases are so so so nice. I love the cufflink one too, it's shape is so unusual.

You may only have 2, but they really are super nice ones to have.

Tom,
Wow! Those are fantastic.
The Bulova is beautiful and I do love the Logo on the top!
That Parker is so period. Looks like a train! I love this one!
I never see any really good Watch Boxes, most are so beat up these days, or they want an arm and a leg for them. Great finds!

Sheila

posted
Thanks Sheila!

Stephanie O'Neil

posted
Stephanie,
The one I was bidding on wasn't nearly as nice as the one you have posted, and it had chips out of it too! I thought it was a Pocket Watch holder! I didn't even know it was made by Speidel. The color in the numbers really make it pop! Thanks again for sharing it.

Like you, I sure hope others post their boxes, they are so beautiful, and I couldn't agree more with Tom, they can even be better than some watches. No wonder some collect these beauties!

Sheila

posted
My grandfather's watch that was passed on to me in 1959. Pretty neat plastic container with some creative advertising. Cool

posted
A pic of my high school graduation watch still with it's original box. I just don't throw anything away.

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Stephanie,
I like your watch designed Speidel case.

Here are a couple of other Spiedels, but actually I thought they were just for bands. I did not know there was a Spiedel watch.

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
inside

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
And another

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
On the inside.

Tom

posted
Tom,
They are Wonderful!

Sheila

posted
Hi Tom,
I originally noticed your "spear type" box in first pic you posted and wondered about it.

Two fabulous watch boxes in your collection! Cool Speidel made some incredibly nice vintage watch boxes, didn't they!

Thanks for showing! Great thread!

Stephanie O'Neil

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Here is another interesting box. It is for the Bulova Sky King. The insides of the box are missing, but the rest of the box is pretty interessting. All it needs now is to be reunited with a watch.

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
The side flaps.

Tom