IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted

posted
Harold,
That case is Eye-Popping!
I'm wiping the slobber of my key board as I type Smile

I just gotta ask, What type of camera are you using?
Light Sorce?
Please explain......

Mike Smile

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Hi Mike, I use a Nikon 995 digital camera. Took pic about noon outside here in sunny Scottsdale AZ.
Set camera on automatic with 3 second timer on and it did the rest! I believe it was 1/125 shutter speed. In bright sunshine I use a gallon milk jug with bottom and part of top cut out as a light diffuser, got that tip from Barry Goldberg.
Nothing to it!!
Harold big grin

posted
Harold,
It's your Nikon 995 that did the trick Eek
That is one Fine Camera!

Did you use the Milk Jug on this pic?

I thank You Very Much for the Info.....

*Looking for Sunshine in Pittsburgh, Pa* Cool

Mike Smile

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
I didn't use the milk jug for that shot, took it in the shade, the reason I purchased the 995 is because of it's ability to focus to within .8 of one inch, allowing for some extreme close-ups.
Incedently, the case is by Keller & Untermeyer who
specialty was multicolor gold cases. Here is a shot of the movement taken in the sun with the high-tech milk jug as a light difuser.
Harold

posted
A Nikon 995 is on the top of my chrismas list!!! Very detailed pictures of a fantastic case!!! The movement isnt so shabby either!!

NAWCC 157316
IHC 155

posted
Looks like it belonged to royalty. Or, at least, some president of a large company. It would be very interesting to know the exact date of the watch and cost of the case...

Jim

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Hello Jim, I have an 1889 discount supply house catalog that shows an almost duplicate watch/case combo like mine for $340.00. This watch also has engraving on dust cover.Uncle George was a very generous man to give away watch like this!! Smile
Harold

posted
Harold,
A watch in 1889 costing $340 would cost $6,434.73 in 2001 dollars. That's not counting the added value in antiquity. What a beautiful watch and case!

Jim