• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A new search-Watch papers from all 50 states "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
We had a lot of fun looking for private labels from 50 states that I thought of a new fun topic. Many jewelers would place their advertising paper in the back of the watch case when either selling it or repairing it. I think it would be a nice challenge to see if we can get watch papers from all 50 states.

We'll start with two from Pennsylvania. The orange one--Geo Moorhead is in the back of an English Fusee and the other--J H Hoffman is in the back of a model 92 Vanguard.

Tom

posted
This will take care of Virginia........

Col. George Townsend, "famous" watch collector, researcher, and writer.

posted
Great topic Tom,

George Hoyt Albany New York From a 1795 Morris Tobias fusee

posted
Another from a 1790's Swiss fusee..

Ch. Preusser Milwaukee Wis..

posted
Here's one from Morris-Town New Jersey. Check out the surname of the Watch & Clock Maker named on the watch paper. How about that for a good piece of collecting, you can see why the watch that goes along with this paper is one of "my keepers" Big Grin Big Grin .

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Here is one from St.Louis, MO

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Great thread Tom!

I only have one advertising paper in the back of a watch case. Jim beat me to it by posting his Dueber Watch Case Manufacturing Co. paper.

Look foward to seeing more!

Stephanie O'Neil

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...fabulous provenance!...thanks fellas!

posted
As we did with the other thread, if one finds a nice paper, one can duplicate states.

Tom

Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
These papers are pretty straight forward. One from Boston, and one from Baltimore

Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
# 2

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
If duplicates are allowed, let me add my Sackets Harbor, NY paper, signed by the mid-1800s owner of the watch.

posted
All watches must have been serviced in New York Wink

posted
And another....

posted
michigan

from an ebay sale