• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

2nd RR Presentation Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This one is a 15 jewel Miller (Illinois) transition watch housed in a solid 14k Dueber box-hinged case. The G.,C.& S.F.R.R. stands for Gulf, Colorado & Sante Fe Rail Road which was primarily within the state of Texas in 1884. It much later became part of the Sante Fe system. The Train Master was the boss over a division of the railroad.

posted
Here's the dial on that Miller (Illinois) presentation watch.

posted
The Miller transition movement, which I believe is 15 jewels.

posted
Sorry, I left out that this is an 18-size movement and the serial number on your left reads No. 327211. Also, I apologize that my photos are not the greatest--those hinged covers gave me fits with reflections. Thanks for looking and I wish I knew more about C. B. Clark, Train Master!

Best regards,
Larry

posted
Thanks for posting Larry.

Love those RR presentations and the engraving styles back then are beautiful.

Charlie

posted
Great presentation Larry....

As far as the movement... I believe you will find this to be a 15 jewel movement. It does not appear the center wheel is jeweled, nor is this a fifth pinion, which is another location for the 16th and 17th jewels.

Thanks for sharing !

posted
Thank you, Charles. I can spend more time just looking at that old English type engraving than viewing the rest of the watch.

Terry, It was pointed out some time ago that this is a 15 jewel movement and the opening text reads that way. Now, all we need is for Lindell to "fix" the "17 to 15" above the Miller movement photo also. Thanks!

Larry

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Done!

By the way Larry, very nice watch! Thanks for sharing it.

Lindell

Wink