• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Time Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here is something different. This is a one day employees time clock. It is by Dey, and has a Seth Thomas movement. The employee would move the green arm to his number and press in. A bell would ring, and the time would be stamped on a sheet wrapped on a drum. The small wheel contols the shift, and would be moved by the timekeeper as necessary. This dates to about 1900.

posted
Nice example, Jerry! You don't often see these with all the front parts and glass intact. Does it work?

posted
Yes it works. However, I have removed the paper and the inked ribbon. I wind it up once in a while. My cynical friends tell me it would make a good boat anchor.

Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
My brother has one of these, but I haven't seen it in years. I think the cabinet is about 3 to 4 foot deep (paper was about 2 1/2' to 3' wide if I remember correctly). I have seen one recently that has a cabinet only about 2' deep with narrow paper. I think his has a Seth Thomas 8 day movement, and was running. The smaller one I saw had an electric clock. He bought it at a neighbors yard sale for $10 in the late 1970s.

Andy

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
That's great to see complete and running. As others have mentioned the case alone shows up more frequently. There is one now in a local antique shop.

Tom