• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Chelsea Ball Regulator "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This is prehaps the scarcest of all Ball Regulators. Talking to my friend Jim Dyson who hosts the Chelsea Museum website, they only made a 121 of the mov'ts used in this clock and it is not known if all the mov't were used for Ball Regulators. This clock is very simular to a Seth Thomas Regulator Number 3. I only know of 2 other examples of this clock.

William Mittelstadt

posted
The picture of the Chelsea Ball Regulator

William Mittelstadt

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Very beautiful Jim, I've never seen one before.

In Rail-Road Timekeeping on page 65 there's a picture of the
similar looking Seth-Thomas Number 3 and I have attached it below.

Keep the great images and information coming Jim!

Wink

posted
Lindell here is a photo of my Seth No. 3 "Ball Regulator" You will notice if you take the finuals off it is almost an exact copy of the Chelsea "Ball Regulator.

William Mittelstadt
IHC Member 166

posted
I have also provided here a picture of the "Ball Label" In Ball clocks the label is very important as it removes most of the doubt as to if the clock started life as a Ball Clock.

William Mittelstadt
IHC Member 166

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
very nice!...very nice indeed...thanks for the looksee...Jim C

Picture of Jim Dyson
posted
Here is another Chelsea regulator not often seen.
Regulator #3, serial number 36344, made circa 1908, sold by Daniel Pratts Son, 1914. All surfaces original. Dial signed Chelsea Clock Co. Boston. Fewer than 1000 movements of this type made which were used in both #3 and the super rare #5.

IHC Member 274
Life Member 27
Picture of Jack Goldstein
posted
You all are making me dizzy, and getting in touch with the feeling of envy, in my gut. Keep'em comming

Jack Goldstein
http://www.ball-rr-pocketwatches.com

Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Does anyone have a octagon shaped (short drop) wall clock like in picture #55 in the Harrison Theatre on Ball watches and clocks. I would like to see a picture of what the original paper label behind the pendulum looks like. I know where one is, and it looks like it is an old clock, but I am not sure. It looks like the dial is a replacement, but it has the label in it. I don't have any of the Tran books. It is time only and appears to look like #55 in the slide show, but I want to make sure the label and clock is original first.

Andy

The International 400 Day Clock Chapter 168.
The Internet Horology Chapter 185 nawcc-ihc.org