• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

English Watches "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Does anyone have an interest in the early English watches. Here is a nice example of a Calendar Verge fusee...

posted
Now thats a really cool watch. What a beautiful design and finish on a early watch. Thanks for showing it.

Aaron

Picture of Frank Del Greco
posted
I collect English pair case fusee watches. I don't have that many, though. Your watch looks quite nice. Any chance of photos of the movement out of the case (back and side views)?

Frank Del Greco

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Here's John's movement view... Say, is this RR Grade?

posted
Frank if you take a look at my other 2 posts it shows the pictures you requested...

This is a verge fusee. The verge is the only type of escapement that the English made for problably 200 years. From 1600 to 1800 it was a mainstay. Peter Litherland improved the lever to the point of making it prctical around 1895. From there the lever escapement started progressing to the escapment of choise....Case is hallmarked for 1734....

John

[This message was edited by fuseez on August 07, 2003 at 14:10.]

IHC President
Life Member
posted
Third Picture of John's Watch...

IHC President
Life Member
posted
John, this is really a beauty! Thanks for making the great pictures available!

Lindell

Wink

Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
John,I was just cruising the "archived" posts and found yours.What a great watch! I had to bounce it back up!