• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seth Thomas No. 8 office Double Dial "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This is prehaps the hardest of all of the Seth Thomas double dials to find. The office no. 8 calendar clock beats seconds and is 66" tall with 14" dials. One of these recently sold for 45k. These almost never reach the market as they sell privately to advanced collectors.

William Mittelstadt

posted
the picture

William Mittelstadt

new photo

posted
I am mostly a watch guy , but that is a really great clock.I can,t say i have ever seen one like that before.
I wonder if it takes a lot of maintenance for a clock like that.How often would it need to be oiled or cleaned ?
Very nice clock. Smile Smile

IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
It looks like a great piece of craft, what is the manufacturing time frame?, how many were made?, it calls my attention that they were made for advanced collectors, was collecting a factor at the time of manufacture?

posted
Carlos the catalog date of manufacture is 1884.I didn't say they were made for advanced collectors. What I said is they don't often appear on the open market because they are traded among advanced collectors. Most people who own one have several serious collectors willing to take it off their hands so they hardly ever see the light of day.I personally only know of about 6 of these.I would guess (and it is only a guess) that there weren't more than 100 ever produced.

William Mittelstadt

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Great clock Bill!! That is one I have never seen. It is a beautiful piece of work. Thanks for the picture.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC# 104
IHC Executive V.P.