Tools
In Search Of Seth Thomas "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Gorgeous!

Dave Turner

posted
Thanks, Dave Smile

The Model 12 Republic continues to interest me, because it seems to be the sole attempt by the company to do anything out of the ordinary with the dial.

posted
This Republic is sporting a machined metal dial in an extraordinary ray pattern:

posted
Backed up by the usual 7-jewel Model 12 dollar watch, but again Seth Thomas went the little bit extra by making it two-toned:

posted
Still in it's original nickel-silver case:

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
A couple years ago I got a Seth Thomas # 2 regulator clock and have been searching for a Seth Thomas watch since shortly after that. This is my latest acquisition.

posted
The movement #291748 is a Grade No. 281 and like the one shown in the advertisement posted on September 04, 2011 07:40.

posted
The case back inside is marked Fahys Coin No. 1.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Richard,
Very nice!
I'd like to see the Seth #2 Regulator!

Dave Turner

posted
One of the few named grades of the Model 5 is the Lakeshore. This is only the second one I've ever seen, and my thanks to our own David Flegel for sending this example back around the lake.

Number 290709 is a Grade 182 pendant-set 17-jewel:

posted
Fronted by the correct matching dial:

posted
From the 4th overall run of Model 3s (29001 to 34900) comes this next example.

posted
It's SN 34137, a 15-jewel unadjusted Model 3 in a simple lattice pattern with a full set of blued screws.

posted
Fronted by a correct Roman-numeral dial with a block signature and a matching set of thin spade hands.

posted
From the Seth Thomas Clock Co to the namesake of one of it's highest grades - the Henry Molineux.

Henry Molineux left his home in Boston for San Francisco in the 1850's. There he was head of the Pacific Coast department of the Seth Thomas Clock Company of Thomaston, CT for 30 years. He was an agent, stockholder & employer. He was held in high regard by the members of the company & a friend of Seth Edward Thomas himself.

He was also at one time the Clerk & Recorder of Sierra County, was county treasurer, and in 1881 he was elected supervisor of the 5th ward. He was also president of four San Francisco Banks.

He was born about 1832 in New Hampshire & died March 18, 1900 in Boston.

My thanks to our own Tom Brown for supplying this invaluable research. Smile

posted
The Henry Molineux grade was to the Models 2 and 3 that the Maiden Lane was to the Model 5. Available on both the dedicated-hunter Model 2 and the open-face 3/4-plate Model 3, the run totals seem to be less than 1000 in all jewel counts, making them even more rare than the Maiden Lane.

The 17-jewel variant with the capped escape:

posted
Fronted by a flawless double-sunk Gothic Roman dial and open-kite hands.

posted
Protected by an excellent Dueber 20-year case.