Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

WARRANTED ALUMINUM CASE WATCH "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Smile
I would appreciate any help in identifying this keywind watch in a Warranted Aluminum Case.
Thanks,

posted
Wink

posted
Cool

posted
Movement S/N 814641

posted
Inside dust cover

posted
Phil,

That's aluminium, not aluminum. Both "Jura" and "Aluminium" spelling would lead me to Switzerland. Also, what I take to be a Swiss cross. I'm not sure about the crown.

IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Prior to 1880 the brand Jura was used by the Omega Watch Co., SA Louis Brandt & Frere.

posted
I was thinking Swiss, with the cross and the layout of the movement, wish i knew more about watches.

IHC Life Member
RR Watch Expert
Picture of Ed Ueberall
posted
I wonder if the movement and case are a "marriage". The case appears to be for a stemwind movement, rather than a KW/KS with a cylinder movement. The holes in the cuvette do not look factory made, and may have been added when the KW movement was fitted.
I agree with Glyn and Kevin, I believe both the case and movement are Swiss.

Ed Ueberall
IHC Member 34
The Escapement

posted
Page 229 of Kurtis Meyer's book shows a Jura Watch Co., Delemont Switzerland. Jura is a brand name used on watches, movements, lever, cylinder and Roskopf System. The trade mark was registered late in the USA, 1948.