Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

E. Howard 24hr private label dial "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Recent Ebay find! Only a handful Howard 24hr dials known, even fewer private label variety..... Smile Fitted to a grade #6 (fully adjusted, gilt plates) of which only 538 were made in the open face Nsz version.

posted
Harold,

Super looking dial. How about a few other shots of this fine watch? I really like the roman/arebic combination. Very nice.

BTW, Looks like I may be taking a position in Phoenix soon. I'll have to get together with you at the local meetings there. I'll need to find out where thay are first. Wink
Right now I'm shooting for the move to Gilbert in mid September.

Aaron Bereiter
NAWCC# 156432
Chapter 185 Charter 23
Chapter 185 Finance VP
God Bless America

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Aaron, our local group meets about 20 minutes from Gilbert in Fountain Hills, drop me a line when you move down here and we'll hook up. Here is a shot of the movement.

posted
When was this movement produced? I find it strange that a high grade watch such as this has a flat hairspring. Maybe I'm wrong. Confused

Aaron Bereiter
NAWCC# 156432
Chapter 185 Charter 23
Chapter 185 Finance VP
God Bless America

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Aaron, this movement was finished 1/19/86.One of Edward Howards peculiar ideas, was an aversion to extra jeweling, and to the use of Breguet hairsprings, it was not until after Howard retired did the overcoil hairspring come into use for the E. Howard watches and then only on the few grade 9 and the grade 8 and 10 split-plate versions. Even without these features, they were and still are excellent timekeepers.
If anybody is interested, I can list a chart showing the differences in the ten Howard grades used starting in the mid eighties.
Harold

posted
HAROLD, Super looking watch, thanks for showing it. Wink

Mike Nardick
NAWCC # 144409
IHC 185 Charter Member 26
Allegheny Chapter 37
mikena32@comcast.net

posted
Howard,

I would like to take a gander at that list.

Aaron Bereiter
NAWCC# 156432
Chapter 185 Charter 23
Chapter 185 Finance VP
God Bless America

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Aaron, I posted Howard list in the "Pocket Watch Discussion" site.
Harold