Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

E. HOWARD SERIES VII SPLIT PLATE "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of David Johnson
posted
Just got this one in last week. These babies aren't cheap but each time I come across one I am all the more taken back by their beauty and quality.

Picture of David Johnson
posted

Picture of David Johnson
posted

Picture of David Johnson
posted

Picture of David Johnson
posted
Movement #230031. Maybe "Harold The Howard Man" will provide us with the details on this one.

Picture of Ron Birchall
posted
Bee-utiful David Cool

Ron

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
#230,031...one of the last ones, it was finished June 18,1903 and sold to the watch wholesalers firm of Oppenheimer Bros. & Veith the very same day. One month later, in July 03, the very last of the 2,080 split-plate hunter Nsz Howards was finished, serial #230,100.
Harold

Picture of David Johnson
posted
Thanks for the info Harold. I'm sorry that I missed your post for so long. As usual, you provide fantastic information!

BTW, what was the total production for the split plate "L" size movements Shugart has listed 1,500 but I am assuming that since his figures for the "N" size is incorrect, the "L" size might be in error also.?.?.?.?.?