Reply to Post

Signed Moorhouse? Yes!!! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Not to many of these around!!!! Cool

posted
Harold, I would be glad to lighten your load, and take that off your hands for you Eek Big Grin

GREAT WATCH..... Wink

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...zounds!!!Holy Howard, Watchman!!!

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
This is one of those rare instances where words fail to describe how it feels to look at such an image. Harold, you show us things we'd never be able to see without your patience and generosity. How few are known to exist?

I can't wait to look under the hood...

Thank You!

Wink

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
I'm not sure but i believe there are only a couple of signed "Moorhouse" black dial Howards. Here the side view of case.

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
And here's the back

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Under the hood; Big Grin

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
And finally, the E.H.&Co. logo inside the case.
Thanks to Clint Geller the former owner, maybe someday it will go back to him; but it will take quite awhile before I get tired of this "mint",can I use this term?, Howard. Wink

posted
Howard,

Uh, yep you can use that term. You have a bunch of the few that truly can use it.

I love these fine watches. They are truly works of art.

Aaron

posted
YES, I'd say MINT Also.. Eek Wink Big Grin

To own that watch would tickle my fancy Big Grin

And also empty my Wallet Big Grin

Picture of David Johnson
posted
Fantastic pictures Harold of a fantastic timepiece.

The beauty about a movement like that was the icing that Howard used. Blue plate screws and those raised jewel settings. So sweet! I know the highlight of this watch is the dial but when you see one of these awesome Howard movements in hand, it is breathtaking in the purest sense of the word. Am I wrong Haraold? Wink

Only a follow collector can relate to me when I say there is not much that is more exciting than popping the hood on one of these and catching an overload of eye candy!

David Johnson aka "Doc"
NAWCC Member #155016
IHC Member #169
HisLove1Me! (just ask!)

Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
Dios mío!

E. Howard Expert
Picture of Dr. Clint Geller
posted
I actually didn't realize that this dial was a Moorhouse creation when I bought the watch, because while it has very distinctive calligraphy, it has none of the common MH signature features. (Less was known about MH and his work then, and the previous owner never thought to look at the reverse of the dial!) However, after looking carefully at the advertisement MH made for the American Watch Co. in 1886, just before coming to Howard, I saw similar calligraphy. The style of the Howard signature on this dial also bears a striking resemblance to the "American Watch Company" signatures on the "American Watch Company" grade movements made by Waltham's Nashua Dept. (I have always suspected, but I cannot prove, that MH designed this Waltham signature style and may have executed many, or even most of them as well.) Sure enough, when I looked on the reverse, there was Moorhouse's signature! I nearly jumped out of my socks.

Clint Geller

http://www.pockethorology.org