• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin Parts Box "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I found this in some "stuff" today and thought it was a nice litho-.

Geo
NAWCC #78594
Local Chapter #76

Elgin Parts Box

Posts: 111 | Location: Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 24, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Geo,

Elgin sold many types of parts assortments. I believe this tin contained an assortment of smaller tins that housed gold timing screws.

John D. Duvall
NAWCC Member 144772
NAWCC IHC Happy Camper 192
Chapter 185 Watch Repair Moderator

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
John.....This is the back of the tin. Looks like this one contained "click springs".

Geo
NAWCC #78594
Local Chapter #76

Elgin Tin - Click Springs

Posts: 111 | Location: Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 24, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Geo,

Thanks for sharing the picture of the other side.

Is this box approx 2" x 2.5"? I believe this box, at one time, also contained smaller boxes for different grades and size springs. The box I was referrng to held timing screws with the timing corrections for at least two different size movements. If memory serves me correct, it held 6 small tins. If I can find one, I will post a picture.

If you look closely inside, there may be some outlines left from the smaller boxes.

These are great collectibles!

John D. Duvall
NAWCC Member 144772
NAWCC IHC Happy Camper 192
Chapter 185 Watch Repair Moderator

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Elgin had a number of tinned parts assortments available. I have sets like this of assorted hairspring stud screws and balance screws. Each larger tin contains 6 smaller tins, each for a different size watch.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Found several boxes with six small boxes inside with screws for 12s, 16s, 18s Elgin watches.

Elgin

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Also, the ones I found were full of screws. Great help for repairing Elgins.

Elgin

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002