Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Jos.Bulova School Manual "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sam Williamson
posted
Just received a reprint of this book: It is VERY well done,down to the hardback red cover with gold embossing to the glossy detailed pages.This reprint is a great alternative to finding and buying an original.This seller apparantly has a wife with a bookstore,haven't checked out their other offerings,but this one is a class act.This is the E/m address and e-bay ID.

chez-willy

Sam Williamson
NAWCC 154312
IHC Charter Member 14
Member Chapters 96 and 185

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Sam,
Its a great book with lots of pictures and illustrations. I only wish they would have added more information on how to set a new roller jewel pin - but the warning about the pin snapping out the tweezers is right on....last night I put this one in, took it out and repeated 5 more times - almost need a smoke after finishing though...

Jewel Pin

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Haven't gotten that far yet-a friend of mine uses Rodico to hold the little guys in place till fixed.On occasion,I have seen tweezers made especially for roller jewels,the points having a cut out to hold them firmly.

I think ALL parts of a watch have an inborn fear of tweezers,thus they will try to avoid them in any manner they can! For instance,if you drop a screw on the workbench,they NEVER land in an easy-to-grip position!MadBut its fun anyway Big Grin Big Grin

Sam Williamson
NAWCC 154312
IHC Charter Member 14

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
posted
O.K. guys,I had a chance to look at this sellers' site-They have almost all of the books that I looked for(and paid mucho bucks for):Fried,Decarle,just about all of them.If the quality of the rest of their books is as good as my Bulova textbook,then I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.Very reasonable prices too.

http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=30988598

Take a look

Sam Williamson
NAWCC 154312
IHC Charter Member 14

posted
Sam
Another useful booklet is TM 9-1575, War Department Technical Manual "Wrist Watches, Pocket Watches, Stop Watches and Clocks". Mine is dated April 1945.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Willy Coffin
posted
I just purchased a copy of the Chicago School of Watch Making Correspondence Course Booklets. I purchased a copy from Uncle Larry's Clock and Watch Shop... http://www.execulink.com/~lfoord/index/books.htm
I was very pleased with the content and illustrations, and the quality of the copy.

Posts: 38 | Location: Chenoa, Illinois USA | Registered: June 29, 2003
posted
Another useful booklet is the 1910 Catalog of Staking Tools, Kendrick & Davis Co.

K&D Staking Tools