Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Tool Time "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Does anyone today use one of these tools?

Would anyone have instructions on this tools use?
And advice about making/finding a bow?

Thanks

[This message was edited by Wayne C. Anderson on April 11, 2003 at 12:46.]

[This message was edited by Wayne C. Anderson on April 11, 2003 at 12:49.]

Tool

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
I am assuming that this is a movement holder - its missing one screw and needs to be cleaned up -no name or markings visible?

Holder

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
The box is marked H.R.P. Any idea what the manufacturer name might be? Thanks

H R P

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
F J Britten's Watch and Clockmakers Handbook DICTIONARY AND Guide.Defines a BOW, "as a thin slip of whalebone or cane used to rotate the mandril of a lathe, a drill or an arbor, by coiling a line attached to its extremities once around a ferrule or pulley on the object rotated; This line, according to the dimensions of the work , is of Gut, Horse Hair,or Human Hair".....
The only one I have ever seen was made of Malacca Cane and had Horse Hair line on it. All the Best . GED. Smile Smile

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
posted
I think i saw one on uncle larry,s site in Canada, i know he always has a fair amount of old tools. Roll Eyes