Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

K&D 600 Staking Tool...HELP! "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Guys/Gals:
I'm a new member and seek some advise. I just purchased a K&D 600 Staking Tool from Ebay. It was not properly wrapped and the set looks like pickup sticks. Is their a diagram on how these tools are to be properly organized? It's a mess. Any guidance is much appreciated!

Staking Tool

Posts: 16 | Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky in the USA | Registered: September 14, 2010
IHC Member 43
posted
Greg, this is a schematic of the layout of a K & D staking set layout, not sure if its the one you have or not. Hope this helps you out.

Curly

Posts: 251 | Location: Ashland, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Where did you get schematic? Do you have a link you can post. I can't enlarge this one for some reason. thx

Posts: 16 | Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky in the USA | Registered: September 14, 2010
IHC Member 43
posted
Greg, I don't know why it wouldn't enlarge after I saved it to my desktop and sent it in the above post.

Curly

Posts: 251 | Location: Ashland, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Curly,

I changed the file to a jpeg.
Thank you for finding it,

RR

K&D Layout

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
posted
Thanks for the help and quick response. I got them in numerical order last night, but knew there had to be a more logical sequence to getting "Humpy Dumpty" back together again!

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Welcome Gregory, Thanks to "Curly' for supplying the layout and to you Richard for publishing this larger size. I am sure it will come in handy for years to come.

I am linking this post to the watch repair forum.

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Member 43
posted
Richard, Thanks for doing the conversion to jpeg so it could be enlarged

Curly

posted
Good Day!

The stakes were arranged in a such way to allow use of K&D numbering. K&D has numbered flat face hole punches from 44 to 73 and round face hole punches from 74 to 103, exactly 30 difference.

Now I have placed flat faced punches on the left hand side and round face punches on the right hand side, following the same sequence. Thus allowing me to visually select the same size punches without having to read their numbers every time I wanted one.

Also I sized the list to fit in the inside of staking tool cover so that I can easily see the sizes in millimetres of all the punches.

Sounds complicated while in practices it is very simple.

Here are the images of both my staking set and the arrangement I thought to be to my advantage.

The staking set shown above is in a box with different layout, nevertheless, the same philosophy can easily be applied to it.

Cheers

Dushan

Posts: 11 | Location: Belgrade, Serbia | Registered: March 04, 2006