• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

GEORGE DANIELS BOOK "WATCHMAKING" "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
GREETINGS, I JUST RECIEVED MY COPY OF GEORGE DANIELS BOOK "WATCHMAKING" A FINE ADDITION TO ANY HOROLOGICAL LIBRARY. THE BOOK CONTAINS MANY TECHNICAL SUBJECTS THAT ONLY HE COULD EXPLAIN. HE WAS SECOND TO NONE IN MODERN DAY WATCHMAKING HE HAS BEEN COMPARED TO "BREGUET". THE BOOK IS REASONABLE AND FULL OF MANY HANDS ON TECHNICAL SUBJECTS INCLUDEING AN EXPLANATION OF HIS CO-AXIAL ESCAPEMENT. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi Eddie,

I have been toying with the idea of buying this book for a while now and am still yet to commit. After reading your post I have now been convinced to do so.

Thanks,
Bila

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
Picture of Desmond Lundy
posted
Daniels is outstanding and well worthy of the outlay. It is one of a group of three books almost always on my desk.

Posts: 785 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 25, 2003
posted
I agree. I met him quite a few times. An incredible man.

His autobiography is a brilliant story and another good book to get hold of.

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
IHC Member 456
posted
A bit short notice, I forgot to post earlier. I have an original version printed in England on ebay auction ending in a few hours. Auction link
Thanks,
Mike

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005