Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

K&D Stakes "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Would anyone have a copy of the K&D catalog that described punches that were prefixed with letters i.e. "N"? I have a copy of the K&D staking tools booklet, but the punches are numbered (1-133).
If you have a copy, would you mind scanning it and e-mailing me a copy? Or post it here?
Thanks

Punch

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
According to K&D, they recommended you check periodically for rust and remove from punches and die with fine emery paper. Also wipe with a rag saturated with oil to prevent rust. Good workmanship cannot be expected if you use a worn or battered punch. And if you have a copy of the K&D letter size listing for punches I am still looking for a copy.

Punches

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Hi Wayne

I would also be interested in the copy you seek,as my K&D set is also prefixed with letters. I will check back with this topic, to see if someone has come-up with a copy.

Frank

Frank Juchniewicz

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
Frank,
Does your K&D set look like this? I am trying to find out what number stakes were supplied originally?

K&D

Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Hi Wayne
Sorry I took so long to get back to you. It happens when you have" too many irons in the fire".The set I have sits on a round wooden, what you might call 'lazy susan' stand. At one time it had a glass dome cover,but it was missing when I bought it. I don't know if that will help you out any.

Frank Frown

Frank Juchniewicz

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003