Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Screwdriver Blades "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
John D.
As a suggestion, would it be possible to create a Helping Hands presentation on the proper selection of screwdrivers and how to keep them sharpened? So screws in watch movements won't look like this.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Wayne,

Great idea! I have read previous posts on this subject with great interest. I will have to do some research in this area and bring myself up to speed. It will be added to my "to-do" list.

Selection, maintenance and use of the screwdriver are basic elements of watch repair and probably the most misunderstood. Myself included!

John D. Duvall
NAWCC Member 144772
NAWCC IHC Happy Camper 192
Chapter 185 Watch Repair Moderator

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
John
I see in several Clock & Watch Repairing books the recommendation to use a screwdriver blade a shade narrower than the dia of the screw head. What size/range of screwdriver blades should a starting watch repair person have? Thanks

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002