Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Unusual Case With Photos "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member
posted
I've never seen this before;at first I thought it was some kind of adapter for a smaller movement,then I noticed the four notches...maybe for a dial?
Who can fill me in on this? Thanks guys- Confused

Marty

IHC Member
posted
Next-

Marty

IHC Member
posted
Next--

Marty

IHC Member
posted
One more-

Marty

posted
I also have a case very similar but different. I would like to find out what it was for. Maybe a dollar watch or something like that?

Aaron

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted

Aaron

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member
posted
Very interesting-have you taken it apart for cleaning? I was wondering if the "extra section" unscrewed from the case...Thanks,Aaron.

Marty

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Apparently the numbers match on Marty's making what looks to be an adaptor ring original to the case.

Looking closer, unusual stem in the second and third image. And then in the fourth picture it looks like whatever belongs there was held in by screws! Let's see, as Aaron speculated some unusual watch, perhaps a compass? I'm out of guesses!

Confused

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member
posted
Lindell: Good to hear from you!
That stem is spring loaded,too-like a pen but without the catch.I'm soaking it before I try(again) to unscrew the crown...it may be friction fit. As for the adapter part I'm still not sure if it's separate - yet. If I get this apart I'll post a pic'...It's a nice train case and I was hoping to restore and use it.

Marty

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Marty,
Pic I ran across while looking through the AWC site. Kind of looks like yours. It appears some sort of clip held the mvt in.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Marty
You might also remove the bow & see if there is a pin in there that holds the crown on, I had an older case that the crown was held on that way.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member
posted
Thanks guys-I really haven't gotten too far. That strange stem will not pull out and the crown won't screw off...It would probably help if I knew what it was used for-it sure doesn't look like it wound or set anything to me,but I'm short on experience.
Taking that bow off is an idea I hadn't thought of ,Tom. Maybe somebody out there has a bit more info - ?

Marty

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Marty,
Your case is for an Ingersoll Dollar watch. There isn't an adapter ring, it's all one piece.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member
posted
Thanks Brian-I think I'll still polish it up, but now I've lost interest in it...Too bad,but thanks for saving me time on that stem-you don't know how it comes off do you - ?

Marty

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Marty,
I think I took one apart years ago and if I remember right, made a mess of it. I have a few of these case frames so if I ever had a broken stem or spring, I'd just replace the whole thing.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member
posted
Brian-Thanks-I decided to put it back on ebay;too bad-I like train cases- but not enough to save unusable ones! live and learn...

Marty