Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Tool Identification "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
I bought a bunch of tools and can't for the life of me figure out what they are. The black handle one and the tweezer looking thing are for roller jewel replacement. I can't figure out what the other tools are used for.. Ideas

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
and a better view of the more curious ones

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
posted
Yoy got me on that one Bruce, not a clue.

Picture of Brian C.
posted
In the second picture, the tool on the left looks like a canon pinion tightener.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member 206
Picture of Wynter Sturtevant
posted

Good afternoon,

A. Wrenches for truing balance wheels.
B. Handles from a cannon pinion remover.
C. Hairspring collet position adjuster.
D. Pallet stone setter.
E. Bench top balance caliper.
F. Cannon pinion tightening.
G. Roller table holder/warmer.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 96 | Location: Coulterville, California USA | Registered: February 08, 2003
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Wynter,

Thank you very much for identifying the tools for me. The one you have a question mark by has me stumped also.. There is a small spring bar at one end. That spring bar sets down into a small groove.. I think it is a tool for setting roller jewels. I cant be sure..

Bruce Byrd

IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
I love to watch threads like this because horological tools are truly fascinating. Anyone who likes these tools as much as I do might be interested in this. I am ordering a book that lists, and illustrates thousands of horological tools from between 1700-1900. The book is authored and published by Ted Crom, is almost 700 pages with 1400 illustrations. I have looked through it and was most impressed. The cost of the book is $145 and $6 shippping in USA. The email address I have to order the book is 8609@alltel.net.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Here is the phone number and address to order the book. (352)475-1609. Dr. Crom, 131 Shore Side Trail, Hawthorne, Fl, 32640.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003