Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

L & R Cleaning Machine parts "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 297
Life Member 16
posted
I need some help finding a replacement resistor. I thought maybe someone had an old manule which may have a part number.

Posts: 5 | Location: Greenville, South Carolina USA | Registered: October 30, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Shawn Johnston
posted
Hi Bob
If you have a Model #,you can try L & R and they will probably be able to help out.You can get them on the web at WWW.lrultrasonics.com

Good Luck

Cheers Shawn

Posts: 47 | Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada | Registered: January 08, 2005
posted
Uncle Larry in Canada or Tom at Dashto Horology may have something for you Shawn.
Just a thought at this time.
Ebay sometimes has these type of things too.

Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Bob
My L&R Master Cleaning machine has a 50ohm wire wound resistor as a heating element...draws about 2AMPS when turned on, and produces quite a bit of heat. You might find a similar size at an electronics supply house.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Wayne, I have a question. In the picture that you provided,is the 50hm resister you refer to ,the one on the left ,being held in place by a strap.Or is it the rehostat shown in the picture.

I have never seen the inside of a cleaning machine.

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
Frank,
The wire wound resistor is on the left side, supported by the meatal strap/bracket. The speed control rehostat is at the top of the photo.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
I have a 47 ohm @5 watts, don't know if that is heavy enough, any way of getting the measurement of the old resistor(dia.,length).

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
IHC Member 297
Life Member 16
posted
I guess I should have said rehostat,after seeing Wayne's picture. I am not familiar with electrical parts. I thought the parts were made just for this machine and may be out dated. I will try an electronics supply. Thanks for the help.

Posts: 5 | Location: Greenville, South Carolina USA | Registered: October 30, 2003
posted
Frank,
The heating resistor in my unit is 3 1/4" long x 1 1/4" dia (approx) - no markings but I think its rated at 50 or 100 watts.

Bob,
I don't know the resistance rating of the rheostat but it is wire wound so I'm guessing 50W or 100W power rating.

posted
Wayne
The only one that I have is 25 Ohms @75 Watts. I normally didn't come across those high Wattage ratings in the T.V. repair field.

Bob
You might try to get that rehostst at a Elctrical suppy store,take your old one with you. Hope that helps you out.

Frank

posted
The heating resistor in my unit is 3 1/4" long x 1 1/4" dia (approx) - Checked with VOM and in my unit it measures 200 ohms.

Bob,
Measured the rheostat with a VOM and its 50 ohms.

posted
Getting back to this post,I was looking thru one of my catalogs and found a listing for rheoststs.
50 Ohm @100 watts, 50 Ohms @150 Watts. They are the ones Bob would probably be interested in,assuming he has the same model as you Wayne. The catalog is from '02, so the prices may have changed. 100 Watt-$36.87, 150 Watt- $46.92.

Company name:Newark Electronics (1-800-463-9275)

Frank

IHC Member 297
Life Member 16
posted
Thanks for the help Frank and Wayne. I thought I had the problem solved. I went to a couple of local electronic supplies and found a replacement for the rehostat. The one I took out had only two conections(one had been cut off) the new one has three. Is the rehostat in your machine only coneted in two places or is mine a homemade repair.

posted
In my unit, the rheostat has two connections, the moving arm, and one end. The other end can be left open, or cut off if there is a space problem...

IHC Member 297
Life Member 16
posted
Thanks for your help Wayne. The machine is now running.