Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

vibrograph b100 "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Is this vibrograf worth this kind of money?
It has been on e-bay for quite some time and is not selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageNam...IT&item=150271493486

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Not for that money, you should get a B200 for less, these machines are old and outdated, the new generation of electronic are far better, even the Chinese copies of witschi that sell for $550 would be a far better buy.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
I've owned a B100, B200, and even the Chinese MTG. All worked well. The one thing that I like about that B100 in the auction is that it has the Accutron pick up. If it works, that would be a plus. The B-200 can be set to pick up the more modern high beat watches and can also come with the Accutron pick up. If you are diligent, you will find one at a bargain price on Ebay.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Here is an Ebay link to another one for auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIBROGRAF-B100-WATCH-TIMER-SUPER-CL...7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Notice that this one does not have the Accutron pick up.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Chris and Scott,
Thanks for the information and guidance.
I am watching the tan b100 on e-bay.
I had a conversation with David Abbe about the Mumford Microset. He has one and likes it very much. Being new and with a warranty I might spring for it.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008