Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

W of the W Watch Fob "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jack Davis
posted
Can anybody help me identify what organization this fob stands for? Thanks!

Jack

Posts: 208 | Location: Elgin, Illinois USA | Registered: November 30, 2002
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Hi Jack,
I'll take a wild guess. Hmmmm. An axe stuck in a log and the initials are W. How about Woodsmen of the West. Seriously, I had a fob with the same cross, same skull with garnet eyes but the inlaid part had the BRT logo. It was a giveaway for selling the brotherhood's journal. Your post caught my curiosity and I'm sure someone will come up with the correct organization.

Scott Cerullo
cerullo34@aol.com

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
Watch Repair Expert
posted
Y'all were close....... It's actually: "Woodmen of the World."

A "Google" search should turn up a lot of information about that particular group, and I believe they've been mentioned before on the "Green Board," if not here.

============

Steve Maddox
Past President, NAWCC Chapter #62
North Little Rock, Arkansas
IHC Charter Member 49

Posts: 618 | Location: North Little Rock, Arkansas USA | Registered: December 05, 2002
Picture of Jack Davis
posted
Steve,
Thank You!

Jack

Posts: 208 | Location: Elgin, Illinois USA | Registered: November 30, 2002
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
If you ever get the chance to wander around old cemetaries (morbid past time, I know, but interesting still), you can see their ornately carved headstones on the graves of deceased members that have these complete emblems engraved in detail. Must have cost big bucks even back then to have those made.... EekRegards. Mark

NAWCC Member 157508
NAWCC-IHC Member 163

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002