Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Tool??? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...would appreciate any help in identifying the watchmaking use for these 'rounders'...believe they may be stumps for removing roller tables but am not sure...

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Could they be a set of Forming Rollers?

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
This may be part of a jewelers ring stretching set. I have a tool for stretching rings which has a set of rollers like that. The tool looks like a big plier. A roller is set in the tool and then pressed into the gold band of the ring as it is turned in the tool. The tool is supposed to stretch the ring to a larger size. However, I have never used it and I don’t know how well it works. The various rollers have different types and sizes of grooves for different types of rings. The same sort of rollers are used in jewelry forming equipment to make special shapes of wire from gold and silver.

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...Thanks Greg...you're likely right here...appreciate your response...Jim

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003