Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin - "The Watch Word" "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Does anyone have copies of the first couple of years of Elgin's house publication "The Watch Word"? The magazine began publication in 1921 and I am hoping to find information in the first issues (1921-1923) about the New Elgin Presentation Watch that was also introduced around that time. This completely new watch was named for the company's president, Charles H. Hulburd and I imagine this event must have been mentioned in the company magazine.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
The only place I could find with a set of the early issues was the library in Elgin, Illinois. With the able and enthusiastic help of Bill Briska and the Elgin Area Historical Society I was able to get copies of some early Hulburd ads from The Watch Word (as well as other valuable information). Thanks!

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
you can find some digitised copies online now at Illinois Digital Archives

Posts: 27 | Location: Melbourne in Australia | Registered: November 06, 2014