WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

*WOW* a fairly spectacular Swiss made staking set and jeweling press "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
*WOW* this is a fairly spectacular Swiss made staking set,does anyone have any idea of the maker ??? It was brought out from Ireland in the 60's?? I've never seen one anything like it !!! Confused As far as I can see it is only marked Made in Switzerland on the knurled knob and Swiss Made on some of the stakes,and it is complete !!! Shock The one empty hole in the box is to set the stake fitting in when you remove it and in it's place install the jeweling plunger ( with the coiled spring around it) anyways what a beauty of a tool !!!!

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
The finish makes me think its Seitz and especially the way the handle attaches to the press. The con to this is it's not an inverto and I am lost for an answer to that. Being not inverto it must have an extensive set of stakes or punches so it does not need to be an inverto.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
It has 100 stakes and 36 jewel pushers plus 30 other tool tips Big Grin

IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
I think it's a jeweling set and a nice one at that. Spring loaded center shafts are used in jeweling sets and the micrometer on top is a good sign of a jeweling set. The build and style suggests Seitz to me and they are a Swiss company.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011