Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Girard's Watches "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
I met this nice fellow through eBay. He owns Girard's Watches and has a great website with a lot of vintage watches and accessories.

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of Jessica Lane
posted
What was he like? I've bought something from him and I might (I hope not) be having aproblem with it.

Jessica

Posts: 834 | Location: New York, New York U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Jessica,

I've been in contact through emails only. He seemed to be very helpful and always responded to my emails. However, I have not purchased anything from him yet.

Did you buy a watch from them?

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of Jessica Lane
posted
Hi, John.

Yes, I was mentioning in the pocketwatch section (I think) that I bought a watch, but I'm having trouble setting it. It's supposed to be pendant set, but I can't get the pendant to do anything. I've looked it up and it's a pendant set open faced 18s waltham; bartlett, from about 1905-- recased--

winds okay, but I can't get the pendant to move down or anything to happen.

I don't want to do anything that would cause me not to have the right to return it--but returning it would be an imposition, unless he paid for shipping--which I doubt he would--

Any suggestions?

Jessica

Posts: 834 | Location: New York, New York U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2003
posted
In the past two months I have bought a dozen or so watches (mostly 12-size pockets) from Girard and have been pleased with my purchases. I think his web site indicates that he has a 3-day return policy.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Jim Rogers
posted
I bought a Rado from him. Nice Guy and his descriptions match his product

Posts: 151 | Location: Atkinson, New Hampshire U.S.A. | Registered: October 17, 2004