Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Another What is it Tool "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 107
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Since Jon Beeman did such a good job with my last what is it tool, let's try another What The Heck Is It Tool.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member 107
Picture of Brian C.
posted

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member 107
Picture of Brian C.
posted

Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Whatever its used for;looks like its been altered from its original purpose.

Not going with the Press thing this time.

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
IHC Member 107
Picture of Brian C.
posted
What do you mean Frank?
Brian C.

posted
Hi Brian
I've seen a item very similar to what you have pictured in a drafting set. The only thing was that the item in the drafting set came to a sharp point. I can't remember what it was called,maybe someone else can.I have one laying around the house somewhere. It may have been used to hold a thin lead, not sure.

Frank

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
The one in the drafting set was an ink pen. The gap could be varied to make different line widths.

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
posted
Joe, thanks for the correction.

Frank

posted
Brian, I think you've stumped the panel this time.

Frank

IHC Member 107
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Frank,
I guess so. Where is Wynter S. the tool guru?
Brian C.

posted
This could be used as a pallet warmer.
J Smith

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
IHC Member 107
Picture of Brian C.
posted
I'll bet it could Julian but I'd prefer the kind with the plate that goes under the jewels.
Brian C.

posted
Pallet fork holder? Just a guess-I'm not a watch person. Mike C.

Posts: 152 | Location: Telford, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 21, 2005
IHC Member 107
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Hi Michael,
That was Julian's answer. Yes it could well be that. How about a roller jewel holder?
Next?
Brian C.

posted
Brian C. A pallet warmer and a pallet fork holder are the same? I'm not a watch person, so I'm not sure what you mean by Julian giving the same answer. Mike C.

Posts: 152 | Location: Telford, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 21, 2005
IHC Member 107
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Hi Michael,
Yes a pallet warmer and a pallet holder would be the same thing. A pallet warmer would be the correct term to use, it holds the pallet when replacing or adjusting the pallet jewels.
Brian C.