• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need help with grade 104 variations. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have two 16s hunter cased, grade 104's that, according to the Hampden database, are both part of a variation of 200. This variation is supposed to be marked 104, adjusted to 5 positions, double roller, tutone hunter cased watches.

One of my two watches is s/n 2075074 and is an "unmarked" 104, a single roller with no mark and is marked "adjusted." The second of these two watches is s/n 2075169 and is "marked" 104, double roller and is so marked, and is marked "adjusted to 5 positions." Both are tutone, hunter movements.

Are these really to be considered as part of a single variation? Or is this simply a hole in the database that has been undiscovered? Seems that there is enough differences between these two watches to characterize another variation.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
Michael,

My first impression is you have one each of two different variants, or perhaps one is a "sub-variant" of the other.

Here are excellent sources for information you have probably consulted already:

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...9104152/m/7871014903

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...9104152/m/7431017672

Be sure to download Robert's PDF File which might help further in your identification.

Sorting out things like this can be tricky.

Don

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
posted
Donald, thanks for your reply. The two links you gave me both lead to a sign up page for this organization of which I'm already a member. If you meant me to be directed somewhere else on the board, let me know.

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005