Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

John Hancock HC "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1110
posted
Just got a new Hampden.It's an 18S model 4 21J hunter, 2mil SN .This one is marked double roller and five positions, and has the correct "Canton, Ohio" -marked dial.Aren't these a little on the rare side?I've seen many OF versions, but very few hunters fully-marked like this one.Thanks,Ted.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
Cool. Pictures?

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010
IHC Member 1110
posted
Thanks Chris, I still have no way to post a pic of it.I would if I could...Ted.

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Ted, was this an eBay item...? If it was, the photos from eBay could be posted if we knew the eBay item number....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Member 1110
posted
Hi Jerry, yes it was off ebay, it was #190619055243,but the movement picture wasn't very good.But, another one just like it showed up with good pictures, it is #180647368229.That one has a bad dial, mine has a perfect dial.I just don't have the computer skills to do this,me and computers don't get along very well!Thanks, Ted.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Here you go Ted. Nice watch!

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Dial

IHC Member 1110
posted
Thank you, Tom!The seller took the picture in a plastic movement holder, so it looks much better in hand.I put it in a YGF open face case for the time being.Best regards, Ted.

IHC Member 1110
posted
I went thru the Hampden book serial number list, and unless I missed it,in the entire 2 million serial number range,only one John Hancock hunter is listed, # 2356991.That one is listed as "Adjusted".Mine is # 2356963, and is 5 positions.Must have been a small run, since there are many OF versions listed in the 2 millions.

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
That is great Ted! Looks like you got yourself a keeper. Congratulations.

Tom

IHC Member 1110
posted
Thanks, Tom!; Ted.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Ted I collect Hampdens and in my opinion your dial is relatively scarce. They only used the Canton Ohio marking that way for a brief time period. You got a good movement there.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Deacon or anyone,
Was the dial marked Canton, Ohio only used with the John Hancock marked movement or were there other movements that it could be found on?
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 1110
posted
My computer "threw a rod" and i just now got it back running, so thanks Deacon and Tony..I've always believed that the Canton-marked dials were mainly intended for the John Hancock's, since most of them didn't have the marking on the movement.Once in a while, you see one on other grades, but most John Hancock watches seem to have that dial.Odd thing is, the parts list I've seen makes no mention of the Canton dial.Thanks again, Ted.