Reply to Post

Show us your Hampdens "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
A recent pickup. Early Hampden. 18size-15 jewels
Serial no. 259358---Nickel movement--teske regulator

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Your Hampden is listed in the Blue Hampden book on page 122 as a 15 jewel movement. That means it was reported to the authors of that book prior to the 1997 publication date. I puzzle over the pressed jewels on some of these that are listed as 15J movement. The 15J example below has screwed in mounted jewels. The crazy part is I think I have both 11 and 15 jeweled Hampdens with pressed AND mounted jewels! If we start a Hampden Collector Club, it would be interesting to see what the "trend" was for this factoid.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I love those Teske regulators myself. My great Uncle's 17j Dueber Special has a Teske. I mean, how 'rock solid' can a regulator look?

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
This is a mdl #1, grade 30, 11J, private label, I picked up last winter. It to appears to have pressed jewels.
It also appears to need a good COA Big Grin

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
posted
Here is my oldest Hampden.. Private label # 153,206, until Saturday when it sells here on our auction site.(I know,I know, a shameless plug for my auction Big Grin )

Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
John C. Dueber--18 size, model 2 hunter-serial number-656249

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
I will try to put some pictures up over the weekend and I hope we can get a Hampden club going. Maybe the poor orphans of IHC185? Nice watch Tony and nice Tucker regulator. Besides square vs round is there any difference between the Tucker and the Teske?

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Here are two of my Hampdens. I believe one to be a size 12, and the serial number is # 2,207,037 . The picture of the movement doesn't do it justice. It is really shiny and has super engraving.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
The second Hampden is a size 18 and # 2,459,037
It also has No. 44 on it.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
posted
I have several Hampdens,but this little 12 size 15 jewel Nathan Hale is my favorite. The dial is beautiful,shiny gold,and it has two kinda dark colored fire birds on the dial. Has a 1 star rarity in the book,and these pictures do not come close to doing it justice.

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
posted
Another angle

Posts: 475 | Location: Gainesville, Florida in the USA | Registered: January 22, 2009
posted
The double roller movement.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
You can see mine at this thread. Still keeping perfect time, and carried on a heavy gold vest chain.

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...6047761/m/9971062532

One piece of information that didn't appear in that thread that Lindell told me was this case is called a 'cut hunter', as it was originally a hunter case that had the front cut out and a thick glass crystal installed for an open face movement. In order for me to set the time, I just push on the crown, and the front bezel pops open like a hunter case cover is supposed to. The original bezel is still on the watch too, covering the edges of the movement under the cut hunter lid and crystal. THAT'S hard to believe it hasn't disappeared after all these years too! Eek

Maybe one of these days when our old friend Tom Brown has nothing to do, he can see if he can find anything on my Great Uncle,John Mittendorf, of Columbus Ohio at the turn of the 20th century. No one in the family has any idea what happened to him, exactly what he did, or for how long, with the exception of what my Mom told me from that conversation with my Great Grandmother back in 1949.

I took another look at the jewelers service marks (there just be a dozen in there. That man took care of this watch!), and I believe I see one with a date of 1906, which would fall right in the timeline he would have been carrying this Dueber Special.

The watch is now in the possession of my eldest daughter, who is the 'historian' of our immediate family.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
This New York Watch Co (of Springfield) "Woolworth" could have easily been finished after Cousin James Founded Hampden. These serial number range 30,000 - 50,000 could well have been existing inventory simply finished up and sold.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Here's a 12size Minute Man, 17 jewel in a 25 year Dueber case....

Needs a new dial....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
The movement....

No need showing my other Hampden because Ray showed it for me in a post above....

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Got this on EBay not long ago. 18sz.15(?)jewel Hayward #229291 KW KS in a Leader Coin Silver case

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009
posted
Oops

posted
The crystal is so scratched it looks opaque

posted
Movement

IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Hampden 18 size 21j #2663252
A recent purchase, but it needs a hour hand. I do not own many Hampdens(3). Any information on this one would be great.

Posts: 854 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
The movement

Posts: 854 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Here is my 23J Hampden, I picked it up earlier this year when the prices took a bit of a "free-fall"

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Keith, If you send me your address I will send an hour hand to you that should work.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
posted
Keith some info on your watch, 18 size, 21 jewel approximate run on this grade 20,803, open face, full plate, nickel, model 3, lever set adj 5 positions. Made in 1908

Posts: 1789 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Comments Forthcoming

Deacon

IHC Life Member
posted
Comments Forthcoming.

Deacon

IHC Life Member
posted
Comments Forthcoming..

Deacon

IHC Life Member
posted
Comments Forthcoming...

Deacon

IHC Life Member
posted
Comments Forthcoming....

Deacon

IHC Life Member
posted
Comments Forthcoming.....

Deacon

IHC Life Member
posted
Comments Forthcoming......

Deacon

IHC Life Member
posted
Comments Forthcoming,

Deacon