Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Dueber-Hampden Advertisements "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Chris,
Glad you like the ads. Hopefully others will post what they have or can find. I couldn't find much after 1910. All the posts are JPEG files so they can be downloaded and enlarged or printed on ones computer if they can't be read online. There's some interesting stuff in the fine print.
Enjoy,
RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Member 1110
posted
Richard, Thank you for doing these ads, like Chris said, a lot of these I also haven't seen.I noticed a Hampden railroad grade on a few of the ads that seems unusual to me, the 16S 17J "John C. Dueber".I've seen and heard of the 21J version, didn't know of a 17J J.C.D. Really nice job! Thanks again, Ted.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
posted
Ted,

You're very welcome. Here's another.

January, 1898 The Jewelers' Circular and Horological Review

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
That last one is particularly helpful to me. I have an 1899 New Railway in 21j, and ads that reference it are rare. The New Railway appears to have only been made in 23j for a short time before the 23j Special Railway superseded it and Hampden downgraded the New to 17j.

Oddly, I have a New Railway in 23j and a Special Railway in 17j (it's a very early one from 1889.)

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010
Picture of David A. Vasarab
posted
Richard,
Thanks for a nice ancillary piece on these fine watches!
Dave

Posts: 76 | Location: Parma, Northern Ohio USA | Registered: January 02, 2006
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Thanks a million Smile to Richard Romero!

The next few may help with researching case-markings.

Extra nice May of 1888 Dueber Watch Case Company Advertisement...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted

Jerry King found this confirmation, another Dueber 1888 Advertisement...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted

Now a March of 1904 Dueber-Hampden Case-Markings Advertisement...

IHC President
Life Member
posted

(Our friend Tom Brown came up with this one.)

Hampden Watch Company 1901 Advertisement "Railway" on a watch...

IHC President
Life Member
posted

Not advertising, but it is beautiful, Dueber-Hampden Factory Holiday watercolor...

posted
Here are some more Dueber-Hampden advertisements courtesy of Google Books. To me this first page blends well with Lindells' Factory post above from a year ago.

Thank you All,

RR

September, 1892 The Railway Agent and Station Agent

posted
January, 1902 The Railway Conductor, Volume 19

posted
July, 1902 The Railroad Trainman, Volume 19

posted
May, 1903 Brotherhood of Locomotive Fireman and Enginemen, Volume 34

posted
Nomember, 1903 The Cosmopolitan, Volume 36

posted
March, 1904 Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 19

IHC Member 1110
posted
Thanks again Rich, more great ads!...Ted.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Wonderful Richard and perfect wall paper for a Hampden fan. Thank you.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
I have a few more but just have to find them.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Another pre-Hampden ad.

These are from the time period when Dueber case factory was in Newport, Kentucky with offices Cincinnati, Ohio before acquiring Hampden and re-locating to their "twin factories" in Canton, Ohio.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011