Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

16s grade 299 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1110
posted
Does anyone have, or have ever seen a 16s grade 299?It's an open face lever- set 3 position, I think it was replaced by the 217.I've never seen one, only the ad pictures, but in them it looks like a pretty sharp looking movement.Are they rare, or is it just my imagination? Thanks!...Ted.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
posted
Ted,I have a South Bend marked 299 S/N 523060 which is 1908 Model 1 17 Jewel In a Wadsworth 20 case.It is a very nice watch and it is for sale if you have interest I will send you pictures.

Posts: 5 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: February 16, 2010
IHC Member 1110
posted
Thanks Ted, I wouldn't be able to buy it at this time, I'm battling with oil bills!It's been a cold hard winter so far here in the Northeast.I spotted a couple of nice ones on the big auction site, but the prices are way out of my league.

posted
Theodore-

They come up quite frequently, but are hard to find with a good case and dial on them. I was lucky enough recently to pick up one in the original wood box and original watch info card with matching movement and case numbers. I've attached pics.

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
Hard to read, but numbers written on the card did match the movement and dial.

posted
Outside of box

posted
Movement

posted
Back of case. It doesn't surprise me on this, but the case is not a south bend case but rather a Fahys. Early South Bends were sold in some SB marked cases and others in other companies cases. This one I thought was an original case and the documentation with the watch confirms it is original.

IHC Member 1110
posted
Jared that's a really nice one, especially with the box & papers!The damaskeening pattern looks similar to that on the 227.Thanks for the pictures, now I know I want one! Regards, Ted.