Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Accutron 218 removal and swap Questions "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
I have purchased a 218 That does not run. I see some "running movements" on ebay for about 1/5 the cost of a service. Does it make sense for me to buy one and swap it into the pretty nice case I have? How do you remove the movement? I would assume it will need a screw backed off to remove the stem. Then will the movement just fall out? I was able to figure it out but still need to know if the 2181, 2182, 218D etc will all fit the same cases without modification.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
To remove the stem properly on the 218 accutron. You have to pull the crown out to the first position. Then unscrew the detent screw. Yes the 218---- what ever # you want to put behind it will interchange into the case. The problem that you MIGHT run into is that some movements, that have Date and Day are thicker.

As for as buying a non serviced watch. You know as well as I do. Because they say it runs. Does not mean it keeps time. Could be 10 seconds a day to 30 minutes a day.

My Opinion. open to discussion. Fire away!!!!!

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010