Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Electric "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi,
My freind has a Hamilton electric WW and it needs a new coil, where can I get one and any idea of cost?

Thanks

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Is the watch ELECTRIC or ELECTRONIC ?

If it is a Hamilton Electric is it a 500 mvt. or a 505 mvt.? The 500 coil can be replaced, the 505 can not and you will need a complete new balance for a 505. But even if you do fit another coil to a 500 mvt. you will need to re-poise the balance wheel since each coil will weigh fractionally different.

dan

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Dan
Have just been chatting to the owner and seem prity sure it is a 505. Can I get the parts for it?, or can you reccomend anyone who can fix these at a sensible price?.

Thanks again

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
I do in England, but that is no help to you - try at ---- http://www.rondeau.net/

How do you know the mvt needs a new coil ?

Dan.

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Dan,

My friend tested it and confirmed defective coil,
will pass the link details onward. (and bokmark for myself)

Thanks again

Chris

posted
I have 3 NOS Hamilton electric movements. They are marked Hamilton 703 13 jewel, Y29154 ESA. They have calender dial. If of any use let me know and I will come up with a Price.

swolf369@aol.com

Posts: 8 | Location: Amherst, New Hampshire | Registered: April 26, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
I'm sure the 703 is an "Electronic" movement - probably a Swiss transistorised balance wheel movement, and thus not suitable.

Best source of a 505 wheel is a cheap steel Electric, or a Vantage Electric - (the spin-off from the Hamilton-Ricoh experiment).

Dan