Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Wrist watch stem removal "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
What is the procedure for removing a 2 piece winding stem from a Bulova automatic? I have googled this and if I understand correctly, the stem is a kind of male knuckle that snaps together into a female socket. Apply some leverage to the crown and the stem parts will separate. Is this correct?
Help me out here please.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Gary I am no expert but that is what I have always heard and they even sell a puller that will pull them. I always was nervous of doing this (afraid it might break) so I always have turned the knuckle upwards and with stem out in setting position I just slip the movement out of knuckle then the female part of stem connected to the crown will slip right out.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Thanks Robert, as it turns out, the watch I wanted to remove the stem from has a screw that needs to be loosened slightly. I did try removing the stem from a parts watch as you described, worked with no problem.

Happy Holidays,

Gary

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007