• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Flip Out Cases Access Question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
What is the right way to get into open face flip out cases with lever set watches. I am fine with pendent set but I do not know the right way to get into the ones that are lever set. I have Hampden that I cannot get into.

Posts: 24 | Location: Chester, South Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 08, 2011
IHC Member 456
posted
Hi Mark,
If you are talking about swing-out cases where the movement is held in by a ring that is hinged at the top to the case body, the method of removing a lever set watch should be the same. The crown should be pulled up to pull the stem out of the movement and then you should be able to flip up the movement. I always set the hands out of the way (away from the 6 o'clock position) so that if your fingernail slips from the lifting slot it won't bend the hand(s) up.
Mike

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005