• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Shock Resistant Jewel Retainer "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'm putting a very small Bulova Caravelle back together and would like to know the proper way to get the tiny balance cap jewel retaining springs back in position. They are the type with the three tabs. My watch repair has been limited to pocket watches and although I have done this before, I am convinced there must be a better way.

Thank you,

Bruce Aldo

Posts: 55 | Location: Sun City, Arizona & Westfield, Massachusetts USA | Registered: February 06, 2003
posted
I saw a tool on ebay for this purpose. It was a Elgin tool,but I'm sure it would have worked with the Bulova too.

Larry

Posts: 225 | Location: Belmont, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 09, 2004
posted

Posts: 225 | Location: Belmont, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 09, 2004
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Yep,
Those Kif tools are really useful. IF you don't have them, you could put them in with your tweezer. I recommend putting a piece of plastic wrap on top of the kif when you go to put it in. Once they get away on you, that's it. I think there is a section in Fried's book on replacing the different types of shock protection which includes the KIflector and incablock.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003