Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

992B timing question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
I have a question/problem? Frown

I have a 992B that is running, after working with the timing screws, 5+ seconds face up, face down, pendent left, pendent right, pendent down.

But here is where i am getting LOST. It is running 24+ pendent up. 24 seconds.

I cannot get it any closer without making all the other positions run off. Should I bring the pendent up in time then work with the other positions?

What am I missing here??

Thank you for any help.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
IHC Member 456
posted
Hi Larry,
Did you turn the screws an equal amount of turns in opposite pairs?
Are you able to check the poise of the balance?
Mike

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Larry,
Assuming correct poise and dynamic poise, true balance etc.
Does the amplitude chance in PU as opposed to PR PL etc, check staff for wear, end shake on balance, cap jewels pressed together correctly, guard finger clearance, end shake on pallet, roller jewel, overcoil is true and also overcoil not touching when in pendant up that’s common turn your speaker on and listen for difference in positions. Do you have good kickback on train in all positions? If not problem in train,
That may give you a few idea to look at.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Michael, I thought I did, but at that time of night I was starting to wonder! No I have never checked the poise as it was running so good before I did the COA on it.

It just bothered me that I couldn't get that ONE position to come in, and I just know that I;m missing something.

Chris, ALL of that!!!? Frown Just kidding, I'll copy this and go to work and see what I can do. I do have good back spin in all positions. I didn't think to check the overcoil touching in the PU, and had that did happen to me once before.

Thank You to you and Michael!

Chris, how about $,3000.00 Smile

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010