Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Has anyone other than Leon replaced hinge pins? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1736
posted
I have two cases now that need hinge pin work.

This is a watch I finished today. A triple signed Illinois Central 12s 404 in a nice 25yr IC Special case.

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Member 1736
posted
Still has great color, no scars, no abuse. Full COA brought her back to life.

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Member 1736
posted
The only place I've seen these cases is with an Illinois Central movement. I am making the assumption that the IC Special stands for Illinois Central and that these are similar to Burlingtons... in regards to the watch and dial needing to be housed in this correct IC special case.

This is more of a question than a statement... I'd appreciate others observations or interpretation.

IHC Member 1736
posted
Great graphics, nominal wear

IHC Member 1736
posted
And, my challange... If you have experience with this kind of work and can share info on tools and techniques, I'd appreciate an email or phone call to talk it through.

I'd consider tooling up if it is within reach.

posted
Paul, you could check Stephen Pahlow video on case making (its on youtube), there is a part when he do hinges, that way you could get some insight how its done.

Posts: 266 | Location: Wroclaw in Poland | Registered: May 06, 2013