Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I have a watch that winds and runs...but... "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
When I wind it, it makes no noise. Usually you hear the click, clicking. Could it be that the click has worn to the point of silencing itself?

Thanks,
Tom

Posts: 496 | Location: Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: March 10, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Tom, I learned a long time ago, If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sounds like the unit runs OK but you are curious. Is the clicker screw loose? Are all the teeth visually present on the gear? Let the unit down and check these things. Does the clicker have good return action? Kind of makes me think it might be a soft spring and the clicker return has lost it's snap.
Patrick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
Patrick: Thanks for the reply. I looked at the one I'm questioning, as well as another. The first picture below is the quiet one. The second is one that is fine. Perhaps a more trained eye can see the differences, because I sure don't. Smile

Posts: 496 | Location: Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: March 10, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Other than the position of the screw slot, I see no difference. There could be a problem on the front side of the watch, but if it work's and returns like it is supposed to I would leave it alone as it's not going to effect the accuracy of the unit. Also, I notice a big difference in the two movement or case screws. It could be just an echo or resonance effect you are hearing.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011