• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Lever set repair "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi there all , I just and I mean just recieved my hamiton 990 from David Abbe in the mail and guess what. I managed to break the lever for setting the hands by not pushing it back in before closing the case.. I was almost sick to my stomach,I hope somebody can recommend the right watchmaker to help me with this as I don't know what to do about this , Thanks in advance for any help. If I don't respond right away it's just I am busy this weekend....Cheers, Troy

Posts: 26 | Location: Alberta Province in Canada | Registered: February 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Troy

Sorry to hear of your accident, I always recommend Chris Abell in Texas, perhaps someone here can recommend someone nearer to you.

Brian Cavanaugh might have the part, I think the 990 & 992 had interchangeable parts.

Did the end of the lever break off or something inside?

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Thanks for responding so fast Tom, it is the dial end that got clipped off , if anybody has the part i would be grateful to buy it. I am in Alberta, Canada but I have no qualms sending the watch to the U.S. . Not worried about where the watch goes , just that it goes to the right person ( Chris Abell probably is the right person anyway, right? Smile) Once again thanks...Cheers Troy

Posts: 26 | Location: Alberta Province in Canada | Registered: February 01, 2008