Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 974 mystery part "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi everyone,
Hope that someone can help me identify this "c" clip. I found it when removing the Hamilton 974 parts from the cleaning solution but I cannot figure out where it goes. I'm relatively sure it came from this movement but I sure didn't see it when I took the movement apart. Is there a parts diagram of some type that shows where this goes? The picture shows the winding mechanism next to the mystery "C" clip and next to my Starrett rule for reference. Any help would be appreciated.
David

David

Posts: 18 | Location: Goleta, California in the USA | Registered: November 16, 2011
posted
Possibly a click spring?????

Posts: 486 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 13, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Hi David,

Your mystery part looks like a hand crafted washer, possibly put in place on the clutch assembly to compensate for a weak click spring. That's my best guess as the part is not an original component of the watch.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
William and Kevin,
Thanks for the responses. I'm new to hobby and not really familiar with all of the components. I'll just put the movement back together without it and see how it works.
Thanks,
David

David

Posts: 18 | Location: Goleta, California in the USA | Registered: November 16, 2011